The Museum Academy Joanneum offers researchers and artists, who are dealing with issues concerning museums and exhibitions, the opportunity of a research stay of several weeks at the Joanneum Universal Museum in Graz (A).
The Joanneum Universal Museum is the oldest and with its 21 departments and collections at a total of 12 locations the second-largest museum in Austria. In 2011, the Joanneum will celebrate its 200-year anniversary. We would like to take the occasion of this anniversary to promote the museological and artistic examination of the museum in all its facets (history, collections, social role, architecture, exhibitions, mediation etc.).
It is highly desired that the content of the research or work project be connected to the Joanneum Universal Museum, but is not a prerequisite for the awarding of funding.
- Lodging free of charge in an apartment at Eggenberg Palace for up to four weeks
- Travel allowance of up to 200 €
- Daily allowance of 25 €
- Your own PC-workstation with telephone and internet access
- Access to the extensive library of the Museum Academy
- Depending upon the project, setting up tours and discussions with staff members of the Joanneum as well as assisting you with your research in the museum
- Participation in current events of the Museum Academy
You are responsible for any insurance you may need.
Here you can find more details on the selection process as well as the application process: