Clegg & Guttmann Online-Catalogue
The Library /Neue Galerie Graz contains about 55.000 items, in particular books, catalogues, auction catalogues, magazines and digital media about art in the 19th, 20th and 21st centuries.
It offers all those interested in art comprehensive research opportunities and engagement with the scientific discourses in art. The Library has found a new home in the Joanneum Quarter, in the 3rd floor. After your registration at the information desk at the visitor center you get a visitor card for the elevator.
The Library / Neue Galerie Graz is a member of the “Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Kunst- und Museumsbibliotheken” (AKMB)
Neue Galerie Graz / UM Joanneum
Joanneumsviertel 2 / 3rd floor
Mag. Patrizia Brumen (Head Librarian)
Phone +43/316-8017-9313 Mobil +43/699 13346801
Tuesday, Thursday 10.00 am - 15.00 pm and by prior appointment
Special Opening Hours Spring/Summer 2013:
Tue, 21.05.2013 (Pentecost) closed, Wed, 22.05.2013 opened
Thu, 30.05.2013 (Corpus Christi) closed, Wed, 29.05.2013 opened
Thu, 13.06.2013 closed
Opening hours: 10.00 am - 15.00 pm
Please note: The Library is closed from 1 to 31 August!
From 3 September library opens regularly.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Our library is staffed and available to anyone interested in art. Admission is free.
The library is a reference library and reading places are available.
The whole stock is open and systematically arranged to make it possible to search for literatures directly on the shelf. The staff would be pleased to provide any research assistance that it can.
PC workstations are provided for searching titles in our online catalogue or other catalogues and databases. Internet access is unrestricted and free for all library visitors, but should not be used for commercial or illegal activities, for playing or chatting.
- Advance booking and reservation of books for long term work (by telephone or e-mail)
- Reservation process for books for teaching groups in hand-carried devices
- Research in the library data base (Online-Catalogue)
- Copying and scanning facilities (A4 black/white 8 cents, A3 black/white 12 cents) scanning to USB drives is free of charge.
Special focal areas
- Art and the history of Austrian Art from 1900 to the present
- National and international exhibition catalogues
- Literature on individual artists (exhibition catalogs, monographs, catalogs of work)
- Literature on museums, exhibition galleries, and other institutions (annual reports, inventory catalogs, museum guides)
- Literature relating to current art discourses
- Works on art theory, secondary literature, lexica
- Art magazines from the 1970’s on
- Documentary material relating to events of Neuen Galerie Graz and Kunsthaus Graz
The online catalog contains all media acquired since 1999, currently about 39,000 media items.
Older stocks can be found in the card catalog in the library. (Work is under way on the incorporation of old stocks in the library database.)
The catalog of the library can also be searched using one of the following virtual catalogs:
Karlsruher Virtueller Catalogue www.ubka.uni-karlsruhe.de/kvk.html (under Österr. Leandesbibliotheken)
Landesbibliothekenverbund Österreich / Südtirol www.lbb.at/
The card catalog is located outside the reading room of the library and contains records of the stocks, which have been acquired before 1999. Because until now some titles of the library are only catalogued here, searching the online catalog does not provide complete results.
Please ask at the circulation desk if you need help in using the card catalog.
Archive / Artist Documentation
By arrangement, visitors of the library can also access the Neue Galerie's artist archive complete documentary stock. For 40 years now, information about Austrian artists and events in the world of art have been collected and managed here.